ApHC Employment Opportunity
Appaloosa Horse Club
Chief Executive Officer
The Appaloosa Horse Club (ApHC), est. 1938,
is one of the top member-based equine associations and is the
official international registry of the breed. With the mission
to preserve the heritage and promote the future of the Appaloosa
horse, the association has members in all 50 U.S. states and
22 countries around the world. The organization fosters growth
in ownership and seeks to increase participation through promotion
Chief Executive Officer
Immediate Supervisor: The Board
Supervision of Others: Direct reports are:
Administrative Assistant, Information Technology Manager, Journal
Editor, Marketing Director, Performance Department Supervisor,
Registrar, Registration Department Supervisor, with responsibility
for all employees.
- Responsible to the Board of Directors for
the full range of activities — maintenance and growth of membership;
coordination of program work; organizational structure and procedures;
employment, motivation and supervision of staff; interpretation
of policy; income and expenditures; budgeting oversight; maintenance
of quarters; long-range planning.
- Manage the overall business to ensure strategic
and business plans are effectively implemented, the results
are monitored and reported to the Board, and financial and operational
objectives are attained.
- Provide direction and leadership toward the
achievement of the organization's philosophy, mission, strategy,
and its annual goals and objectives.
- Implement strategies to increase membership
- Anticipate economic, social, and industry
issues that may affect our organization and recommend appropriate
actions as may be necessary to staff, the Board of Directors,
government agencies, and membership.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance the relationships
between the ApHC, its members, and other organizations.
- Set and communicate a clear vision with measurable
organizational objectives; drive the ApHC to achieve and surpass
- Keep the Board of Directors fully informed
on all aspects of the organization's operational and financial
affairs, and on all matters of significant relevance, including
external items emanating from governments and regulators on
issues such as fiscal and monetary policies, legislation, etc.
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical
practices, integrity, and a positive climate that prioritizes
quality customer service.
- Identify, in conjunction with other senior
officers, key potential risks to the company and our industry,
and review such potential vulnerabilities and strategies for
managing them with senior staff and the Board.
- Represent the Appaloosa Horse Club positively
and professionally to the community, at functions and events
around the nation and abroad, and in all interactions with members
and other entities.
- Be a creative problem solver, trust builder,
and accountable decision maker.
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in a
senior management position.
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in a
relevant field (i.e., Business Management, AG-related Communications,
- Must have experience in, knowledge and understanding
of the equine industry.
- Understanding of human resources and personnel
- Must demonstrate excellent writing and verbal
- Must have: Proficiency with Microsoft Word,
Excel, and Outlook; Adobe Acrobat; familiarity with data bases;
understanding of social media platform management.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of brand
marketing and messaging.
- Strong organizational habits, detail-oriented,
quality-focused, and commitment to professionalism.
- Knowledge and understanding of profit and
loss, balance sheet, cash flow management, and general finance
- Ability to translate complex information into
persuasive, actionable goals and apply effective oversight to
realize the objectives.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships
among executives, partners, and workforce.
- Proven negotiation skills, ability to work
under pressure, plan workload and delegate, understand issues
quickly and make collaborative decisions.
- Must have a valid Passport and be able to
travel several times per year.
- Ability to pass a satisfactory background
and reference selection process.
Entry level: No
Full Time: Yes
Location: Moscow, Idaho
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for the Chief Executive Officer is
negotiable and commensurate with experience, typically established
in a three-year contract with options to renew. In addition
to base salary the ApHC offers:
- Fifteen (15) days of vacation
- Hospital, medical and dental plans
- Life insurance benefits
How To Apply:
This position will remain open until filled.
For first consideration apply before September 30, 2019.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional
references via email only to:
Dena Raggio, President
Appaloosa Horse Club